AN industrial unit in Taunton was evacuated earlier today (Tuesday, March 7) following an ammonia leak.
Staff were ordered out of the building on Frobisher Way shortly after 11am when an ammonia alarm went off. Lpg Leak Detector
Two fire crews from Taunton and an environmental protection unit from South Molton attended the hazardous material incident.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and rescue Service spokesperson said: "Upon arrival of the crews staff had evacuated and confirmed an ammonia detector was activating and the leak was contained to within the building.
"Crews used breathing apparatus to investigate along with gas detection equipment.
"Crews monitored the internal conditions along with a chemical specialist and confirmed that ammonia levels were low enough for staff to return into the building."
We want our comments to be a lively and valuable part of our community - a place where readers can debate and engage with the most important local issues. The ability to comment on our stories is a privilege, not a right, however, and that privilege may be withdrawn if it is abused or misused.
Please report any comments that break our rules.
This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's Editors' Code of Practice. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then please contact the editor here. If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can contact IPSO here
© 2001-2023. This site is part of Newsquest's audited local newspaper network. A Gannett Company. Newsquest Media Group Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. HP10 9TY. Registered in England & Wales | 01676637 |
Data returned from the Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired' callback event.
As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles.
Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services.
These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience – the local community.
security system for home It is important that we continue to promote these adverts as our local businesses need as much support as possible during these challenging times.